14 May 2012 by Sonvir Singh Attri
INDIAN AIR FORCE
INVITES APPLICATIONS FROM UNMARRIED MALE CANDIDATES FOR SELECTION TEST IN AUGUST 2012 TO JOIN AS AN AIRMAN IN GROUP ‘X’ (TECHNICAL) TRADES
1. Indian Air Force invites application from UNMARRIED MALE INDIAN CITIZENS (citizens of Nepal are also eligible) for selection test in August 2012 to join as Airmen in Group ‘X’ (Technical) trades. THE SELECTION TEST IS NOT FOR SELECTION AS OFFICERS/ PILOTS/ NAVIGATORS.
2. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
(a) Candidate should have passed Intermediate or 10+2 or Equivalent Examination with Mathematics, Physics and English with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
(b) Candidate should have passed a Three year Diploma course in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical or Electronics or Automobile or Computer Science or Instrumentation Technology or Information Technology) with at least 50% marks in overall aggregate from a Government recognized Polytechnic Institute.
Note : – Exact aggregate percentage of marks up to first place of decimal for all subjects as mentioned in the Mark Sheet of Intermediate/10+2/equivalent/Diploma (For example, 49.9% should NOT be rounded off to 50%).
3. President, Central Airmen Selection Board reserves the right to shortlist the applications on the basis of available vacancies and number of eligible applicants.
4. Date of Birth Block: Born between 01 October 1991 to 30 November 1995 (both days inclusive).
5. MEDICAL STANDARDS
(a) General Medical Standards for Group ‘X’ (Technical) trades are as follows: –
(i) Height: Minimum acceptable height is 152.5 cms.
(ii) Chest: Minimum range of expansion: 5 cm
(iii) Weight: Proportionate to height and age.
(iv) Corneal Surgery (PRK/LASIK) not acceptable.
(v) Hearing: Candidate should have normal hearing i.e. able to hear forced whisper from a distance of 6 meters with each ear separately.
(vi) Dental: Should have healthy gums, good set of teeth and minimum 14 dental points.
(vii) Health: Candidate should be free from medical or surgical deformity. He should be free from all communicable diseases and skin ailments. Candidate must be physically and mentally FIT to perform duty in any part of the world, in any climate and terrain.
(b) Visual Standards for Group ‘X’ (Technical) trades are as follows: –
|Trades||Visual Acuity||Maximum limits of Ref Error||Colour Vision||Leg Length|
Electronic Fit, Electrical Fit, Weapon Fit, Automobile Fit, Mechanical System Fit]
|6/36 each eye correctable to 6/9 each eye. Full field of vision||Hypermetropia +3.5D Myopia -3.5D including Astigmatism||CP-II/III||N/A|
|[For Electronic Fit, Electrical Fit, Weapon Fit, *Automobile Fit, *Mechanical System Fit]||6/12 each eye correctable to 6/6 each eye. Full field of vision||Hypermetropia +2.0D Myopia -1D including +0.5D Astigmatism||CP-II||*Minimum leg length required 99 cms.|
* (Candidate should bring latest prescription and spectacles for corrected vision, if used. The prescription must bear the signature, stamp and registration number of Eye Specialist.).
6. Candidate discharged from the Indian Air Force/Indian Army/Indian Navy or dismissed from any Government Organisation for any reason earlier is NOT TO APPLY.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
7. Tenure & Training: Enrolment is for an initial period of 20 years extendable up to the age of 57 years. Initially candidates will be sent for a Joint Basic Phase Training (JBPT) for 12 weeks at Basic Training Institute, Belgaum (Karnataka). On successful completion of JBPT, candidates will be allocated trades and sent for trade training of specified durations. Training is however liable to be terminated at any time if the trainee fails to achieve the required standards in academics, profession, physical fitness and discipline or is found to be medically unfit. AFTER SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF TRAINING, THE AIRMEN WILL BE DEPLOYED ON GROUND BASED JOBS AS PER THEIR ALLOTTED TRADES (Job specifications given in Paragraph 8 below).
ALLOTTED TRADE WILL NOT BE CHANGED ON CANDIDATE’S REQUEST / ANY GROUNDS.
8. Job Specifications: Group ‘X’ (Technical) trades involve jobs like: –
(a) Electronics Fitter. As an Electronics Fitter you will operate and maintain Radar, Voice, Data transmission reception equipment mounted on latest airborne weapon delivery systems and ground based air defence systems. You will get trained in Digital Electronics, measuring instruments, radar technology, latest electronics devices and related trade fundamentals.
(b) Electrical Fitter. You will maintain power supply system of latest types of aircraft, airborne missiles and associated ground systems. You will also maintain photo equipment mounted on air borne weapon systems and operate ground based photo systems. You will get trained in electrical trade, operation and maintenance of digital devices, electronic devices etc.
(c) Structures Fitter. You are responsible for the maintenance and servicing of airframes and their accessories, components and controls of an aircraft. Regular checks for the entire hydraulic and pneumatic system to ensure proper functioning against leaks are also part of your duties. You will also be assigned the responsibility of marshalling, parking, picketing and ground handling of aircraft.
(d) Propulsion Fitter. You will repair, maintain and prepare for use propulsion system of aircraft and other airborne weapon delivery system.
(e) Automobile Fitter. You are responsible for maintenance and repair of all type of light and heavy duty mechanical vehicles, cranes and loading equipment etc.
(f) Mechanical System Fitter. You will repair and maintain mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems of airborne missiles, engines, automobiles and aircraft fuelling equipment. Complete aircraft ground support equipment will also be repaired and maintained by you. You will be trained in handling and preparation of bombs and explosives, electrical system trade, workshop trade, mechanical trade and automobile mechanics.
(g) Weapon Fitter. You will prepare, maintain and service armaments, ammunition and safety equipment of aircraft, missiles and other weapon delivery systems. You will also operate and maintain small arms and bomb destruction equipment. You will be trained to handle bombs, explosives, arms and their installation on weapon delivery platforms.
(h) Workshop Fitter (Smith). You will undertake major structural repairs of all aircraft at central repair facilities. You will be trained in workshop trades of materials treatment, welding, heat treatment, smithy and basic machine tools etc.
(j) Workshop Fitter (Mechanical). You will undertake repair and maintenance work of mechanical nature. You will be trained in workshop trade and practices.
9. PAY & ALLOWANCES. During training, a stipend of Rs. 8,550/-pm will be paid. On completion of training, starting gross emoluments at the minimum of scale of pay including Dearness Allowance (DA), for Group ‘X’ (Technical) trades will be Rs. 20,542/- per month (approximately), which, in subsequent years, may rise up to Rs. 36,250/- per month (approximately) depending upon the rank attained. Other allowances such as Transport allowance, Composite personal maintenance allowance (CPMA), Leave Ration allowance (LRA), Family planning allowance, HRA etc. are also admissible to airmen.
10. Perquisites. Perks such as Ration, Clothing, Medical facilities, Accommodation, CSD (Canteen) facilities, Leave (60 days Annual and 30 days Casual in a Calendar year as a privilege), Educational concession to children, Recreational facilities, Free transport for school going children and Leave Travel Concession (LTC) are also provided as per the existing rules. Notwithstanding the above, Group Insurance Cover of Rs. 25, 00,000/- at a premium of Rs. 1,730/- per month is covered for all airmen and facility of Group Housing Scheme is also extended. Other facilities by Air Force Wives Welfare Association (AFWWA) are also extended to the family of airmen.
11. Post-Retirement Benefits. Pension, Leave Encashment, Medical Insurance Cover, Gratuity and Canteen facilities comprise some of the post-retirement benefits. Specialized Pre-release Courses are also arranged to enable airmen to take up post-retirement careers. In addition, airmen also get relaxation in age and reservation in Government services as Ex-servicemen.
12. Promotion: – Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Warrant Officer (MWO). Opportunities to become a Commissioned Officer also exist for those airmen who qualify the prescribed examinations, later during their service career.
13. Written Test : Eligible candidates will be sent Admit Cards to appear for test scheduled to be held during August 2012 at the examination centres listed at Para 19. Candidates will be tested in English, Physics and Mathematics as per CBSE syllabus of AISSCE. Question papers will be objective type and bilingual (English & Hindi), except English Paper. Duration of Written Test will be 60 minutes. CANDIDATES ARE TO QUALIFY IN EACH PAPER SEPARATELY. Results of the written test will be declared on the same day.
14. Physical Fitness Test (PFT): All candidates who pass the written test are to undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) on the same or the next day. PFT consists of a 1.6 Km run to be completed within 8 minutes. Candidates completing the PFT in less than 7 minutes 30 seconds will be awarded additional marks on a sliding scale. Candidates are advised to bring their sports shoes and shorts.
15. Interview: – Candidates who have passed the written test and PFT will be interviewed. Working knowledge of English is a pre-requisite.
16. TRADE ALLOCATION TEST (TAT). Candidates of Group ‘X’ (Technical) trades who qualify in interview are to undergo Trade Allocation Test for bifurcation into Mechanical and Electronics stream. Specific trade allotment within these streams will be carried out at Basic Training Institute (BTI), Air Force (Belgaum).
17. MEDICAL EXAMINATION: Candidates who qualify in the interview will be medically examined. Medical Examination will be conducted by Air Force Medical Team as per IAF medical standards. Candidates declared Temporary Medically Unfit (TMU) will be required to report to the respective Airmen Selection Centre within a maximum period of 42 days for review from the date of Recruiting Medical Examination. Candidates declared Medically Unfit can avail the option for Appeal Medical Board (AMB) against their Unfitness by depositing Rs. 40/- in a Government Treasury/RBI/SBI through Military Receivable Order (MRO). The application for AMB along with original copy of MRO, Xerox copy of Unfitness Certificate and Postal Stamp worth Rs. 25/- affixed on a self addressed envelope are to be submitted to the respective ASCs for processing within seven working days from the date of issue of Medical Certificate.
NOTE: Candidates are advised to get tartar & stains removed from their teeth before appearing for the written test. Ears should be free of wax.
18. (a) Candidates must indicate three choices of the examination centre in order of preference. However, Central Airmen Selection Board reserves the right to allot any centre other than those mentioned in the application. (b) REQUESTS FOR CHANGE OF EXAMINATION CENTRE OR DATE OF SELECTION TEST WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED. (c) Candidates not reporting for the test on due date and time will not be accommodated on other dates/shifts. (d) Incomplete applications will be rejected. (e) Candidates should be prepared to stay for the entire duration of the tests under their own arrangement. No TA/DA will be admissible. (f) Upper age limit as on date of enrolment is 22 years.
19. Examination Centres:
(Note: – These are likely to be activated depending upon the response of candidates and testing capacity).
20. Last date for receipt of applications at the Central Airmen Selection Board is 23 MAY 2012 including candidates from North Eastern Region (Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland & Tripura), Sikkim, Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep Islands. Application should be sent to the Post Box Address as mentioned below by ORDINARY POST ONLY. APPLICATIONS SENT BY REGISTERED/ SPEED POST/ COURIER WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
For more details please visit Indian Air Force official website www.indianairforce.nic.in