2 Mar 2011 by ssattri
RAILWAY PROTECTION FORCE (RPF)
Government of India, Ministry of Railways
Recruitment of Constables in Railway Protection Force (RPF)/Railway Protection Special Force (RPSF) -2011
Applications are invited from Indian Male and Female candidates for filling up the posts of Constable in Railway Protection Force (RPF) / Railway Protection Special Force (RPSF). Details are given below:
2. Pay & Allowances: The post carries a Pay of Rs. 8460/- in the Pay Band of Rs. 5200 – 20200/- + Grade Pay of Rs. 2000/-.
3. Eligibility: (a) Education: The applicant must have passed the Matriculation or equivalent examination conducted by a recognized Board, Education qualification obtained from institutions other than recognized State Board or Central Board should be submitted along with the Government of India notification declaring that such educational qualification is equivalent to Matriculation/Xth Class for employment under Central Government.
(b) Age: The applicant must not be less than 18 years and not more than 25 years as on 1st July, 2011.
(c) Physical Standards:
|Category||Height Male (cms)||Chest Unexpended Male (cms)||Chest Expended Male (cms)*||Height Female (cms)|
4. Recruitment Process: Recruitment will be made based on the performance of the eligible applicants in a Written Examination, Physical Efficiency Test, Physical Measurement, Viva – Voce Test, Bonus Mars if any obtained and Documents verification.
5. Medical Examination: The applicants who are finally selected will be sent for a medical examination at a Railway hospital. They will have to qualify in medical category “B-1” as per the Indian Railways Medical Manual. Those wearing glasses or having flat foot, Knock Knee, Squint eye, colour blindness and other bodily defects are not eligible for appointment.
6. Training: The candidates will have to undergo a rigorous initial training in any one of the RPF/RPSF Training Centre or any such Institution as decided by the railways Administration in the event of their selection. The trainee recruits will be given a stipend of Rs. 5200/- + Grade Pay Rs. 2000/- + other allowances as admissible under the Railways Rules during the period of training. Passing the final examination at the end of the training is a must.
7. How to apply: (a) Examination Fee – An examination fee of Rs. 40/-is payable in the form of a crossed Indian Postal Order or a crossed Bank Draft. Cheque or Money Order will not be accepted. Female Candidates, applicants belongs to SC/ST category and ex-servicemen need not pay the examination fee.
(b) Application Form – The format of the application form is given in Annexure ‘A’ . Application Form can be downloaded from the Official website of Indian Railways http://www.indianrailways.gov.in or taken from the Employment News. Applications sent to the Nodal Chief Security Commissioner corresponding to the language chosen for the Question Paper. Only one application need to be sent. The address of the Nodal Chief Security Commissioners, the details of the person in whose favour of Draft/IPO shall be drawn and the place where payable are given below. The languages for the Question paper are also shown against each Nodal Chief Security Commissioner for the convenience of the applicants.
|S.No.||Address of the Nodal Chief Security Commissioner||Draft/IPO Drawn in favour of||Place where Payable||Languages for Question Paper|
|1.||The Chief Security Commissioner North Eastern Railway, Post Box No.-2 Head Post Office, Gorakhpur (U.P.)||The Financial Advisor and Chief Accounts Officer, North Eastern Railway||Gorakhpur (U.P.)||Hindi, English, Urdu, Punjabi, Gujarati|
|2.||The Chief Security Commissioner Eastern Railway, Post Box No.-840, GPO, Kolkata – 700001||The Financial Advisor and Chief Accounts Officer, Eastern Railway||Kolkata||Hindi, English, Urdu, Assamese, Manipuri, Bengali and Oriya|
|3.||The Chief Security Commissioner East Coast Railway, Post Box No.-1, GPO, Bhubaneshwar, Orissa||The Financial Advisor and Chief Accounts Officer, East Coast Railway||Bhubaneshwar||Hindi, English, Urdu, Oriya, Telugu, Marathi, and Gujarati|
|4.||The Chief Security Commissioner Southern Railway, Post Box No.-545, Park Town Head Post Office, Park Town, Chennai – 600003||The Financial Advisor and Chief Accounts Officer, Southern Railway||Chennai||Hindi, English, Urdu, Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada, Konkani, and Marathi|
8. Last date for receipt of Application: 28 March, 2011 (30 days from the date of Employment Notice is published in the Employment News).
Note: For more information logon to Indian Railways Official website http://www.indianrailways.gov.in and see Employment News.