14 Feb 2011 by Sonvir Singh Attri
STAFF SELECTION COMMISSION
RECRUITMENT OF CONSTABLES (GD) IN BSF, CISF, CRPF & SSB -2011
1. Staff Selection Commission invites applications from Indian male candidates for 49,080 post of Constable in Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) & Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
Pay Scale: Pay band – I Rs. 5200/- – Rs. 20200/- + Grade Pay Rs.2000/-.
Qualification: Matriculation or 10th class pass is the minimum education qualification.
Age: 18-23 years as on 01-08-2011. Candidates should not have been born earlier than 02-08-1988 and not later than 31-07-1993.
The recruitment will comprise of Height Bar, Prescribed Race, Physical Standard Test (PST), Physical Endurance test (PET), Written Examination, and Medical Examination.
2. Before applying, Candidates are advised to go through the detailed instructions contained in this notice carefully. This notice is also available on the website of the commission http://ssc.nic.in/ and on SSC(NWR)’s website http://sscnwr.org/
3. Candidates seeking reservation benefits as SC/ST/OBC/ Ex- Servicemen must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation as per eligibility prescribed in the Notice. They should also be in possession of the certificates in the format prescribed by Government of India in support of their claim at the time of application, through the copies of the certificates will be sought only after the written examination.
A. candidate must submit the application to NWR Regional Office of the Commission only. Application received in other Regional Offices will be summarily rejected.
B. Candidates may contact following Regional Help Lines for clarifications in respect of filling/submitting applications –
(1) SSC (NR) – 011-64715222, 011-65570666
(2) SSC (CR) – 08765214571, 08765214572
(3) SSC (SR) – 09445195946, 04428251139
(4) SSC (WR) – 07738422704, 07738422705
(5) SSC (ER) – 0947741228, 09477461229
(6) SSC (MPR) – 09407921504, 09407921505
(7) SSC (KKR) – 09483862010, 09483862020
(8) SSC (NWR) – 08699111498, 08699103985
(9) SSC (NER) – 09864217001, 09435711335
4. Candidates belonging to the Physically Handicapped category are not eligible to apply for this examination.
5. FEE: RUPEES FIFTY ONLY(Rs. 50.00) payable through CRF Stamp or SBI Challan or on-line payment through account with the State Bank of India. Fee is exempted for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation.
6. CLOSING DATE: 04-03-2011. For candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul, and Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and for candidates residing abroad 11-03-2011. Note: Applications received late will not be entertained.
7. Note: Only a single application will be entertained. Candidature in respect of multiple applications will be rejected outright without any notice to such candidates.
8. Mobiles and other electronic gadgets are banned within the premises of the examination centres.
9. Candidates desirous of submitting on-line applications may do so. Such candidates should retain their registration number assigned to them on-line for correspondence with the Commission. They are not required to submit print outs of their application to the Commission.
10. How to apply:
(i) Off-line applications: The candidates should pay the fee of Rs. 50/- (Rupees Fifty Only.) by means of “Central Recruitment Fee Stamps (CRFS)” Only. CRFS are available at the counter of all Departmental Post Offices of the country. Recruitment Fee Stamps should be pasted on the application form in the space earmarked for the purpose and got cancelled from the counter of the Post office of issue with the date stampof the issueing Post office in such a manner that the impression or the cancellation stamps partically overflows on the Application Form itself, taking care at the time that the impression is clear and distinct to facilitate the identification of date and Post office of issue at any subsequent stage.After getting the Recruitment Fee stamps cancelled from the Post Office , the camdidate must submit their application to the concern Regional Office/Sub Regional Office of the Commission in the usual manner after completing other formalities .
(ii) On-line Applications: The candidates submitting their applications online should pay the requisite fee only through State Bank of India either in form of Challan or net banking.
(iii) Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, and Ex- Servicemen eligible for reservation are exempted from paying fee.
Click here for on-line application: SYSTEMS OF ON-LINE APPLICATION PROCESSING (SOAP)
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE NOTICE
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE APPLICATION FORM
IMFORTANT DATES: Last Date : 04-03-2011 & Written Examination: 05-06-2011.
Note: For more information log on to Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Website: http://ssc.nic.in/