30 Jul 2010 by ssattri
1. One of the TRS MP arrested for alleged inflammatory speeches recently on July 2, 2010.
Answer: TRS MP Vijayashanthi arrested for alleged inflammatory speeches
2. Who was the IPL chief suspended and filed Rs 1200 crore fraud case by BCCI ?
Answer: Lalit Modi
3. Which party demanded marriageable age of girls and boys to be lowered to 15 and 17 respectively in Haryana.
Answer: Jat Mahasabha, khap representative
According to Om Prakash Mann, Haryana president of All India Jat Mahasabha, the demand will be discussed at a sarv khap panchayat on July 17 at Meham Chaubisi Chabutara in Rohtak. The demand was raised at a meeting of khap representatives at Dhanana village.
4. Who was the former minister surrenderd on July 3, 2010 in connection with the death case of Nadia Torrado (Friend) ?
Answer: Former Goa minister Pacheco surrenders on Nadia death case
Nadia death case: Former Goa minister Pacheco surrendersFormer Goa tourism minister Francisco “Mickky” Pacheco, charged with culpable homicide following the death of Nadia Torrado, was underground for nearly a month as the police began to look for him.
5. When was IGI’s swanky Terminal 3 inaugurated and by whom ?
Answer: On July 3, 2010 Prime Minister Manmohan Singh inaugurated IGI’s swanky Terminal 3.
PM inaugurates IGI’s swanky Terminal 3The new terminal at the Indira Gandhi International Airport, the 6th largest in the world, can cater to 34 million passengers annually.
6. Who reached WorldCup Semi finals in 2010 ?
Uruguay reached the World Cup semifinals for the first time since 1970, beating Ghana 4-2 on penalties.
7. Recently Bharat bandh in 2010 took place on ? why Bharat bandh is observing ?
Answer: Bharat Bandh took place on July 5 called by Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) against price rise and announced for a 24-hour nationwide shutdown (Bharat Bandh).
8. Who was the cricketer recently got maaried on July 4, 2010 with his childhood girlfriend ?
Answer: Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Dhoni ties knot with longtime friend Sakshi in Dehradun on Sunday July 4, 2010 in a private ceremony attended only by family members and close friends, including a few of his team-mates.
9. Who won Wimbledon mixed doubles title ?
Paes-Black won Wimbledon mixed doubles titleLeander Paes notched up his 12th Grand Slam title after he and Cara Black beat Wesley Moodie and Lisa Raymond 6-4, 7-6(5) to win the Wimbledon mixed doubles title.
10. Who won World Cup final in 2010 ?
Netherlands beat Uruguay 3-2 to reach World Cup final. Netherlands pushed Uruguay aside with a 3-2 victory to reach their third World Cup final and set up an all-European clash with Spain or Germany.
July 5, 2010:
11. Name the Jamaican triple Olympic champion who is going to retair on 2016 Olympics.
Answer: Usain Bolt
12. As working couples are facing difficulties while fighting for divorce or child custody battles in family courts, the Madras High Court has announced ———————– will function in the city from ———————- .
Answer: “holiday courts” will function in the city from July 10, 2010.
13. The holiday court concept was bring up by ?
Answer: Justice Eqbal
The holiday court concept was mooted by Justice Eqbal at the meeting of Union law minister M Veerappa Moily with Chief Justices and law secretaries from south India. Impressed, Moily said he would introduce it at the national level too.
14. Recently, who was the politician charged in anti-Sikh riots case ?
Answer: Senior Congress leader Sajjan Kumar
A Delhi court framed charges of murder and rioting against Senior Congress leader Sajjan Kumar and others in connection with a 1984 anti-Sikh riots case in which six persons were killed in Sultanpuri on july 7, 2010.
15. Who is the Congress MP high command warning resumed his controversial ‘Odarpu yatra’ in Srikakulam district of Andhra Pradesh on July 8, 2010 ?
Answer: Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy
16. YS Rajeshekar Reddy birth anniversary is on ——————————
Answer: July 8
17. Kadapa district named ———————-
Answer: YSR district
Andhra Pradesh government on July 8, 2010 renamed Kadapa district as YSR district on the birth anniversary of late chief minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, who was popularly known by his initials.
18. The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) launched ———- Vehicle with ———————- Satellites on July 12, 2010.
Answer: PSLV-C-15 Vehicle, 5 satellites
Isro launches PSLV-C-15 with 5 satellitesThe Indian Space Research Organization today launched the PSLV-C-15 carrying five satellites, including remote sensing Cartosat-2B, and Studsat, built by engineering students of Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.
19. Who won FIFA World Cup 2010 in final ?
Spain beat Holland 1-0 to win maiden FIFA World Cup 2010 Andres Iniesta secured the maiden World Cup for Spain by scoring the only goal of an enthralling final against the Netherlands four minutes from the end of extra-time.
20. who took places of Runner-Up, third and Fourth Places in Fifa World Cup 2010 ?
Answer: Runners-Up: Netherlands, Third: Germany, Fourth: Uruguay
21. ______________ is the winner of the adidas Golden Ball award in 2010 ?
Answer: Diego FORLAN
22. Who is the winner of the adidas Golden Shoe award in Fifa World Cup 2010 ?
Answer: Thomas MUELLER
23. ——————— is the winner of the adidas Golden Glove award in Fifa World Cup 2010 ?
Answer: Iker CASILLAS
24. Who has been elected as Man of the Match in Fifa World Cup 2010 ?
Answer: Andres INIESTA
25. Who is the winner of the Best Young Player Award award in fifa 2010 ?
Answer: Thomas MUELLER
26. Who was the Political leader recently booked in a Case/ scam?
Answer: Bihar CM Nitish Kumar, his deputy S K Modi and several other ministers
A case has been filed against Bihar CM Nitish Kumar, his deputy S K Modi and several other ministers in an alleged Rs 11,412 crore scam, involving irregularities related to fraudulent withdrawals and corruption.
27. —————– is the youngest professor at IIT-B
Answer: Dr Tathagat Tulsi
Patna-born child prodigy Dr Tathagat Tulsi has taken up a job as professor at Indian Institute of Technology-Bombay at the age of 22.
28. Who recieved Arthur Ashe ESPY Courage Award in 2010 ?
Answer: Ed Thomas’s family
29. 2010 ESPY Award Winners (ESPN)
Answer: Click here for 2010 ESPY Award Winners – http://www.indiasummary.com/2010/07/15/arthur-ashe-espy-courage-award-2010-espy-nominations-2010-espy-award-winners/
30. What was The world’s only antivirus browser ?
Answer: Epic Browser
31. Who was Daya Nayak ?
32. New Indian Rupee symbol has been revealed by Cabinet on ?
Answer: July 15, 2010
33. New Rupee Symbol of India or Indian Rupee Symbol designed by _______________
Answer: IIT post-graduate D Uday Kumar
34. New Rupee Symbol of India or Indian Rupee Symbol represents ?
Answer: A mix of the Devanagri ‘Ra’ and Roman ‘R’, to become the fifth currency in the world to have a distinct identity.
35. Why did TDP made bandh on July 19, 2010 ?
Answer: TDP bandh was made to protest the arrest of party chief N Chandrababu Naidu, who began a hunger strike against Maharashtra stopping his visit to the Babhli barrage site.
36. Which are the two Trians rammed each other and met to Trian Accident which killed and injuried many people in West Bengal ?
Answer: Uttarbanga Express and Vananchal Express
60 people were killed and over 90 injured when a speeding Uttarbanga Express tore through the rear of Vananchal Express at the Sainthia station in Birbhum district of West Bengal. The train apparently overshot the signal.
37. Who is the Former India hockey star attacked umpire ?
Answer: Sunil Ekka
Former India hockey player Sunil Ekka, playing for Army XI, lashed out with his hockey stick at veteran umpire RS Suriya Prakash, leaving the latter seriously injured.
38. ———————— seed extract has anti-diabetic properties says a pharmacology professor at the University of Montreal’s Faculty of Medicine.
Answer: Cashew seed
Cashew tree products have long been alleged to be effective anti-inflammatory agents, counter high blood sugar and prevent insulin resistance among diabetics.
39. Who was chargsheeted on July 20, 2010 for passing secret info to ISI ?
Answer: Madhuri Gupta
Delhi Police today chargesheeted disgraced diplomat Madhuri Gupta accusing her of passing secret information to Pakistan’s ISI during her posting in Islamabad. Gupta, who was arrested in April, has been accused of being in touch with two ISI officials, Mubshar Raza Rana and Jamshed.
40. Who is the first Indian-origin woman professor in the institution’s history ?
Answer: Gita Gopinath
Noted academician Gita Gopinath has been named professor of economics at the prestigious Harvard University, becoming the first Indian-origin woman professor in the institution’s history.
41. The Andhra Pradesh High Court has granted bail to former Satyam managing director Rama Raju, former chief financial officer Vadlamani Srinivas and three others accused in the multi-crore rupee accounting scam on —————–
Answer: July 20, 2010
42. Who is the Cricketer decided and wants to have his blood used on a page of his autobiography to be released in February next year (Feb 2011) ?
Answer: Batting star Sachin Tendulkar
43. Who is the Former Goa tourism minister ———— granted bail in a death case on ————- ?
Answer: Former Goa tourism minister Mickky Pacheco, who was remanded to 14-day judicial custody in the Nadia Torrado death case, on July 26, 2010 Monday granted bail by a Goa court.
44. ————— is the missile that India successfully test-fired on July 26, 2010 .
India successfully test-fires interceptor missile. The indigenously developed interceptor missile, capable of destroying any in-coming hostile ballistic missile, was test-fired from the Integrated Test Range at Wheeler Island off Odisha coast.
45. Who was accused in Koda scam
Answer: Diamond merchant Manoj Punamia
Manoj Punamia one of the key accused in the Koda scam, was arrested on Saturday night July 24, 2010 at the Mumbai airport when he was returning from a foreign trip.
46. ————- airliner from Karachi carrying 150 people crashed in a ball of flames densely wooded hills above Islamabad
Answer: Private airline Air Blue flight
Pakistani airliner carrying 150 people crashed in a ball of flames July 28, 2010 into densely wooded hills above Islamabad during heavy rain and poor visibility, leaving little hope of survivors.
47. —————– famous Hindi actor who died with heart attack on July 28, 2010
Answer: Ravi Baswani
48. Who took charge as Chief Eelection Commissioner on July 30, 2010 ?
Answer: S Y Quraishi
S Y Quraishi takes charge as Chief Eelection Commissioner
49. Who is the first Indian girl to get Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna in Badminton?
Answer: Saina Nehwal
Badminton ace Saina Nehwal to get Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna. World No.2 Saina Nehwal has been chosen for Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award. Saina is the first Indian girl to reach the Olympics singles quarterfinals and the first Indian to win the World Junior Badminton Championships.