30 Jun 2010 by Sonvir Singh Attri
Applications are invited from unmarried Male Indian Citizens and male subjects of Nepal and Bhutan.
Educational Qualifications. Qualified in 10+2/ equivalent examination with Maths & Physics and atleast one of these subjects; Chemistry/Biology/Computer science
Age: Candidates should have been born between
31 Jan 1990 to 30 Jan 1994 (Both dates inclusive).
Pay & Allowances:• During the initial training period, stipend of Rs.5700/pm will be admissible but on successful completion of initial training an amount equal to the minimum of scale as mentioned below, less stipend already paid, shall be
admissible with retrospective effect.
• On completion of initial training, they will be placed in the Pay Band Rs.5200-20200. In addition they will be paid Grade Pay @Rs.2000/- plus MSP @Rs.2000/- plus DA.
Promotion: Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer-I (equivalent to Subedar Major) with pay scale of Rs 9300-34800 plus Grade Pay @Rs.4800/- Plus MSP @Rs. 2000/- plus DA. Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the prescribed examinations.
• During the entire period of training and thereafter, sailors are given books, reading material, uniform, food and accommodation etc. free of cost.
• Sailors are entitled to medical treatment, Leave Travel Concessions for self and dependents, Group Housing Benefits and other privileges. Sailors are also entitled to Annual and Casual Leave, Children education and house rent allowances. Post retirement benefits include pension, gratuity and Leave encashment. All perquisites are extended as per service conditions and their eligibility/admissibility is regulated as per government orders inforce and amended from time to time.
Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit depending on their performance in Written Test, Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in the Medical Examinations.
• The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type.
• The question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
• The standard of the question paper will be that of 10+2 and the syllabus for the examination is available on internet site http://www.nausena-bharti.nic.in.
• Duration of question paper will be of one hour.
• The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT):
• PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 25 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
• Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
• Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum Chest expansion of 5 cms.
• Good mental, medical and physical health free from any disease/ disability, likely to interfere with efficient performance of duties. Colour perception: CP II.
• No Cardio- vascular disease, surgical deformities like knock knee, flat feet etc. infection of ears, no history of fits or psychiatric ailment, varicose vein,
corrective surgery for eye sight etc.
• Medical standard should be as per the detailed guidelines issued by IHQ MoD
(Navy) in NO (Spl) 01/2008.
• Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.
Note:- Applicants declared Permanent medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Navy are advised not to apply.
Final Enrolment Medical Examination: All select list candidates who are issued with a call letter for Final Medical examination will have to undergo Final Enrolment Medical examination at INS Chilka prior to enrolment. Candidates found “unfit” during this medical examination will not be enrolled for training. No “appeal” is permitted for review after the final enrolment Medical Examination at
Training: The training for the course will commence on 31 Jan 2011, with 24 weeks Basic Training at INS Chilka followed by Professional training in the allotted trade in various Naval Training Establishments. Branch / Trade will be allocated as per the requirement of Service.
Discharge as Unsuitable: Sailors are liable to be discharged as UNSUITABLE due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the training.
Initial Engagement: The initial engagement is subjected to successful completion of training. The initial engagement is of 15 years.
The applications are to be downloaded from internet site http://www.nausenabharti.nic.in . The selection procedure is as follows:
• Application will be received only through ORDINARY POST. Application received through speed post/ registered post or couriers will be rejected.
• Short-listing criteria will be based on higher education and percentage of marks.
• Call up letters for eligible short listed candidates will be posted, indicating date, time and place for recruitment tests, which are scheduled during Sep – Oct 2010. The shortlisted candidates can also download their Call Letter from internet site http://www.nausena-bharti.nic.in (Breaking news section) from 20 Aug 2010.
• All original certificates and mark sheets are to be produced at the time of written examination.
• Results of the Written Test will be announced on the same day.
• Those who qualify Written Test will undergo PFT and Recruitment Medical Examination(Preliminary), which may take 1-2 days.
• Candidates declared Medically Temporary Unfit in the recruitment medical examination can avail specialist review from the specified Military Hospital within a maximum period of 21 days. No further review/appeal is permissible.
• Candidates declared Medically Permanent Unfit in the recruitment medicals can appeal for specialist opinion in a Military Hospital within 21 days on payment of Rs. 40 /- by Military Receivable Order (MRO) on Government Treasury. (Medical fitness certificate other than that of the specialist opinion in the designated Military Hospital will not be considered). No further review/appeal is permissible.
• The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all respects depending upon the available vacancies. The centre wise select list of candidates (depending upon the numbers to be inducted) will be displayed at the respective Recruitment Centres on 30 Dec 2010. All candidates whose names appear in the Select list and have been declared medically fit in the Recruitment Medical would be required to report to INS Chilka. However, enrolment will be subject to Enrolment Medical fitness at INS Chilka.
• The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the final select list cannot claim admission for the next batch. These candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided that they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
• Call letter for Final Medical examination will be forwarded only to medically qualified candidates in the select list. Unsuccessful andidates will not be intimated separately.
• All select listed candidates will also be forwarded Police Verification form alongwith the Call letter for final medical examination and the candidates will be required to submit the same to INS Chilka after getting their antecedents verified on this form from the concerned district police authorities.
Candidates without the verified police verification reports will not be eligible for enrolment. The format for the police verification form can also be downloaded from the internet site http://www.nausena-bharti.nic.in immediately after the declaration of select list, to ensure timely verification.
• No enquiry will be entertained regarding recruitment / enrolment after a period of six months.
(a) Application Form: The application is to be submitted on A4 size white bond paper with one photocopy exactly as per the sample application which also available on internet site http://www.nausena-bharti.nic.in.
Candidates forwarding application on any other format and candidates who send more than one application for the same entry will be rejected
(b) Envelops: The type of entry, choice of centre and percentage of marks in 10+2 board examination is to be clearly written on top of the envelope containing the application. Envelopes should be of brown colour. Example: SSR 01/2011 –MUMBAI – 68.7 % (10+2).
(c) List of Documents: The documents mentioned in the application form are to be punched and tied firmly with a strong thread to the application in the correct sequence.
(d) Photographs: Candidates are required to submit one additional recent coloured passport size photograph along with the application with their name and signature on the reverse of the photograph. THE BACKGROUND OF THE PHOTOGRAPH SHOULD BE BLUE. Application received without photographs or not in the specified format will be rejected. Computer generated/ digital photographs will not be accepted.
Note. Attesting Officer’s name with office address and seal should be clear and legible.
LAST DATE OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATION : 16 JUL 2010. FOR CANDIDATES FROM THE STATES OF NORTH-EAST, SIKKIM, J&K, ANDMAN & NICOBAR, LAKSHDWEEP & MINICOPY ISLAND : 23 JUL 2010.
Important Information. The terms & conditions given in this advertisement are subject to change and may therefore be treated as guidlines only.
• In case of any difficulty faced by potential candidates they may contact IHQ MoD on Tele : 011 -23793067.