14 Jun 2010 by ssattri
Invites applications from unmarried male candidates for enrollment as Sailors for Artificer Apprentice (AA) – 129 Batch Course Commencing 31 JAN 2011
Applications invited from unmarried Male Indian Citizen Educational Qualifications. Qualified in 10+2 / equivalent examination with 55% or more marks in aggregate with Maths & Physics and atleast one of these subjects; Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science.
Age: Candidates should have been born between:
31 Jan 1991 to 30 Jan 1994 (Both dates inclusive)
PAY AND PERQUISITES
Pay & Allowances:
• The Artificer Apprentices Basic Pay Band is Rs.5200-20200. In addition they will be paid Grade Pay @Rs.2000/- plus MSP @Rs. 2000/- plus ‘X’ Group Pay @Rs. 1400/- plus DA.
Promotion: Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer-I (equivalent to Subedar Major) with pay scale of Rs 9300-34800 plus Grade Pay @Rs.4800/- Plus MSP @Rs. 2000/- plus ‘X’ Group Pay @Rs. 1400/- plus DA. Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the prescribed examinations.
• During the entire period of training and thereafter, sailors are given books, reading material, uniform, food and accommodation etc. free of cost.
• Sailors are entitled to medical treatment, Leave Travel Concessions for self and dependents, Group Housing Benefits and other privileges. Sailors are also entitled to Annual and Casual Leave, Children education and house rent allowances. Post retirement benefits include pension, gratuity and Leave encashment. All perquisites are extended as per service conditions and their eligibility/admissibility is regulated as per government orders inforce and amended from time to time.
Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in Written Test, Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in the Medical
• The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and of objective type.
• The question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science,
Mathematics and General Knowledge.
• The standard of the question paper will be that of 10+2 and the syllabus for the examination is also available on internet site http://www.nausena-bharti.nic.in.
• Duration of question paper will be of one hour.
• The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT):
• Qualifying in Physical Fitness Test is mandatory for selection.
• PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 25 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
• Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
• Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate.
Minimum Chest expansion of 5 cms.
• Good mental, medical and physical health free from any disease/ disability, likely to interfere with efficient performance of duties. Colour perception: CP I I .
• No Cardio-vascular disease, surgical deformities like knock knee, flat feet etc. infection of ears, no history of fits or psychiatric ailment, varicose vein, corrective surgery for eye sight etc.
• Medical standard should be as per the detailed guidelines issued by IHQ MoD (Navy) in NO (Spl) 01/2008.
• Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar
removed from teeth prior to examination.
HOW TO APPLY
(a) Application Form: The application is to be submitted on A4 size white bond paper with one photocopy exactly as per the sample application which also available on internet site www.nausena-bharti.nic.in. Candidates forwarding application on any other format and candidates who send more than one application for the same entry will be rejected.
(b) Envelops:The type of entry, choice of centre and percentage of marks in 10+2 board examination is to be clearly written on top of the envelope containing the
application. Envelopes should be of White colour.
Example: AA– 129 MUMBAI – 68.7 % (10+2).
(c) List of Documents: The documents mentioned in the application form are to be punched and tied firmly with a strong thread to the application.
(d) Photographs: Candidates are required to submit one additional recent coloured passport size photograph along with the application with their name and signature on the reverse of the photograph. THE BACKGROUND OF THE PHOTOGRAPH SHOULD BE BLUE. Application received without photographs or not in the specified format will be rejected.Computer generated/ digital photographs will not be accepted.
Note. Attesting Officer’s name with office address / seal should be clear and legible.
• Examination centres: Aizwal, Almora/Pauri, Ambala, Kolkata, Chennai, Chilka, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Gangtok, Ranchi, Kanpur, Guwahati, Gwalior, Jalandhar, Jammu, Jamnagar, Jodhpur, Kochi, Kohima, Lakshadweep, Lonavala, Mumbai, New Delhi, Port Blair, Shillong, Shimla/Dharmshala, Vasco-da-Gama, Visakhapatnam, Arakkonam, Tirunelveli & Karwar.
• Note: Candidates are to choose only one centre for examination and mention the centre on the envelop. However, for administrative reasons, Navy may allot any suitable centre. Further, Navy will not be responsible for any postal delay/loss of any documents during transit.
• Application is to be addressed to: –
POST BOX NO. 476, GOL DAK KHANA,
GPO, NEW DELHI -110001
• Last Date of receipt of application 18 June, 2010. For candidates of North East, J&K, Andaman & Nicobar, Lakshadeep & Minicoy Islands – 25 JUN 2010
• The terms & conditions given in this advertisement are subject to change and may therefore be treated as guidlines only.
• In case of any difficulty faced by potential candidates they may contact IHQ MoD on Tele :011 -23793067